The new Release 9 is here
Server Studio™ & Sentinel™ — the premiere suite of integrated system management tools for IBM Informix® data servers — has been updated! The new Release 9 of this industry-leading multi-platform graphical development and management environment provides DBAs and developers with an even richer collection of easy-to-use, proven tools to manage with unprecedented ease complexities of the Informix data servers' infrastructure — from initial design and development, all the way through to production deployment and successful operational service.
All the vital Informix tools you need are in one place
This suite of highly intuitive tools provides wide-ranging functionality that enables database professionals improve efficiency of performing common database tasks such as: SQL development and debugging; schema management; configuration auditing and change management; data storage management and reorganization; security administration; rapid identification and remediation of performance bottlenecks and resources contention issues; server optimization and tuning; and whole lot more.
What's new and noteworthy in this release
Here are just a few of the new features and capabilities in Release 9 of Server Studio & Sentinel that will take the drudgery out of your work and make you more productive:
- New Schema Audit jobs allow monitoring for database schema changes on multiple Informix servers and issue email notifications when new changes are found. Email alerts can include a detailed schema difference report and synchronization script which allows to rollback the changes. Schema audit jobs can automatically take schema snapshots of the monitored Informix servers for record keeping or for manual reviewing.
- The new User Projects feature allows creating user defined project folders, which can organize database objects, SQL scripts, ER diagrams and other Server Studio files into logically meaningful groups. Projects can significantly speed up access to groups of logically related objects because there is no need to scroll long lists in the main Object Explorer in order to find a specific object. It is more convenient to have a single access point that contains links only to the required objects of interest.
- New Command-line SQL Runner. You can execute SQL scripts by invoking Server Studio in a command line mode. This feature allows using Server Studio with an external scheduler and in automated application deployment tasks. SQL scripts can include special LOAD and UNLOAD SQL statements to import and export data files as part of script's logic. Another advantage of Command-line SQL Runner is an ability to execute very large SQL scripts without opening them in graphical SQL editors, which might save significant amount of system memory used by Server Studio application's process.
- Enhanced document navigation significantly improves the ability to navigate between open documents in Server Studio by presenting tabs in a single row with a drop down list. The placement of tabs stays consistent and the drop down list allows reviewing of all open documents in a list form. Users can enter a specific text into any tab to make its header more meaningful. The new feature applies to both Server Studio document area and the result sets in the SQL Editor.
- Support for IDS 11.7 External Tables. External tables can be created and edited using the new Server Studio external table graphical editors.
- New Space Optimization feature allows to Compress, Repack, Shrink and De-Fragment tables or indexes using the Informix (Requires 11.5 FC4 or newer version)
- A new script generator creates OS script, which replicates all existing storage dbspaces and chunks (with correct sizes and parameters). It can be used to replicate Informix server storage on a new server instance.
- Enhanced UI for MAC OS
Download Release 9 of Server Studio & Sentinel today and see for yourself what we've been busy working on for you. Sincerely, AGS Informix Tools Team
GreenIvory launches an impressive and innovative way to access information with its AlwaysOnLibrary range of products. The first AlwaysOnLibrary is targeted towards Informix users, developers and DBAs.
"How did you put that many data in an iPhone?" is the first statement Stuart Litel, president of IIUG, said when he discovered AlwaysOnLibrary for Informix, GreenIvory's latest application for the iPhone and iPad.
Informix is a trademark of IBM Corp. AlwaysOnLibrary is a trademark of GreenIvory LLC.
GreenIvory Contact :
E-mail : jg.perrin at greenivory.com
10, rue Saint Wendelin
Tél. +33 (0)9 50 53 10 34
Fax +33 (0)9 55 53 10 34
Suite 200 - 3608 Shannon Road - PO Box 51125
Durham, NC 27717
United States of America
Proposal Submission Deadline: November 1, 2009
The Conference Planning Committee is currently soliciting presentation proposals for the 2010 IIUG Informix Conference, to be held April 25-28 in Overland Park, Kansas USA - http://www.iiug.org/conf. The conference provides a forum for the exchange of information among Informix DBAs and developers and is the premier technical Informix event of the year.
This is your opportunity to share your expertise with a global audience of Informix enthusiasts. If you are selected as a speaker, you will receive a complimentary pass that provides access to all break-out sessions, conference-related events and meals.
The Committee is looking for content that will be of interest to all audience levels. Subjects related to all current Informix and Informix-heritage products, or products that operate in those environments such as other IBM products, third party, Open Source and cross-platform products are welcome.
Topics relevant to today's environment and of interest to conference attendees include, but are not limited to:
o Database Essentials
To see the presentation guidelines and submit your abstract, visit the Call for Presentations web page -
The International Informix Users Group (IIUG) will host the third annual Informix Conference April 25 – 28, 2010 at the Overland Park Marriott hotel in Overland Park, KS (Kansas City).
Save the date and plan your budget now to attend the largest gathering of Informix users, developers, executives and enthusiasts for 3 full days of technical presentations and conference events, preceded by 1 day of in-depth tutorials. Topics will include Informix database administration, application development, tools and advanced support.
Hear the latest news from IBM Information Management Executives regarding Informix in the marketplace and strategic direction for the Informix portfolio of products. Informix developers and software engineers will also be present to discuss technical insights and offer advice.
If you previously attended the IIUG conference you know how technically and professionally beneficial it is to be exposed to the wealth of knowledge and expertise. Anyone and everyone working with and using Informix software should attend this conference. Conference registration will open in November. Plan now to take advantage of early bird pricing.
Contribute to the conference by being a presenter. The Call for Presentations will begin in mid-September and remain open through the end of October. Watch your email and the IIUG web site in the next few weeks for more details on submitting presentation topics and abstracts.
Attendees also benefit greatly from the presence of corporate sponsors and exhibitors. If you represent a company with a product or service that is of interest in the Informix community, you won’t want to miss this opportunity to showcase your information. Sponsorship and exhibitor information will also be published soon.
Stay tuned to email from the IIUG and www.iiug.org/conf for more information. We are looking forward to seeing you in 2010!
The IIUG Conference Planning Committee